Sunday, June 6, 2010

Making GUI Talk



















This illustration was painted for BYTE Magazine many years ago. I'd flown up to San Francisco one Friday morning to visit an Art Center buddy and when I got there I called home and checked my messages. The art director had left a message for a rush job due the next Tuesday morning. I called her back, told her I was in San Francisco and that I could have the job done on time. I faxed her sketches at her home on Saturday morning and she gave the go ahead on this idea. I then had a nice relaxing weekend in SF before flying home Monday morning.
I arrived home at a little after 8 a.m. and started painting. I finished this painting 7 hours later at a little after 3 p.m., boxed it up and rushed to FedEx. She had the finished illustration first thing Tuesday morning. Boy, was I tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment